PREPARING YOUR BAT FOR VR
Step-by-step details and instructional video to bring your own bat into virtual reality.
Step by step instructions
- Start with your left Quest controller.
- Hold the bat attachment upright so the logo reads ‘WR’.
- Place your left Quest controller inside the bat attachment as far as possible and make sure it is snug.
- To secure the controller, take the top two Velcro straps and loop them inside the Quest ring.
- Take the bottom strap and loop through the Velcro opening.
- Pull as tight as possible and secure Velcro to the bottom piece, making sure both straps are as secure as possible.
- Take your bat and place your bat attachment directly below the barrel of the bat.
- Take the rubber straps and wrap them around the bat as tight as possible.
- You will feel slight tension when securing the straps. This is normal.
- Secure as tight as possible in a belt-like fashion. It should be tight enough that the wrap stays in place.
- Before you begin to take swings inside VR, make sure you have a safe space to swing in.
- Take your bat, hold the handle, and extend your arms outward to make sure your swing radius will not come into contact with any objects in the area.
- Make sure to alert anyone that is in your house, apartment, or training space that you will be taking live swings without the ability to see.
- Once you’ve completed this safety check, you’re ready to start swinging in VR!